villegiardinimedicei.it is the official portal of “Ville e Giardini medicei in Toscana (Medici Villas and Gardens in Tuscany)”, an extraordinary heritage that in 2013 was included as a serial site in the UNESCO World Heritage List.
Region of Tuscany manages villegiardinimedicei.it as a tool for carrying out the following institutional aims:
- a) development of digital communication for the valorization and promotion of cultural heritage and activities, research and innovation, information society and knowledge;
b) promotion of the integration between cultural offerings and tourism offerings;
c) promotion and diffusion of film and audiovisuals and educational initiatives;
d) film commission activities;
e) promotion and valorization of Tuscan identity and development of youthful policies and rights.
In compliance with national legislation (Legislative Decree 30 June 2003 n.196, Code regarding the protection of personal data) and community law (European regulation for the protection of personal data n. 679/2016, GDPR) and subsequent amendments, this site respects and protects the privacy of visitors and users, making every possible and proportionate effort not to infringe upon the rights of users.
The Data Controller pursuant to the laws in force is:
Regione Toscana – Giunta regionale
Piazza Duomo, 10
Data Protection Officer
The Data Protection Officer (DPO) of the Data Controller can be reached at the following e-mail address:
Legal basis for the data processing
This website processes data based on consent.
The provision of data and therefore consent to the collection and processing of data is optional, the user can deny consent, and can revoke a consent already provided at any time. However, denying consent may make it impossible to provide some services and the browsing experience on the website may be compromised. Starting from 25 May 2018 (date of entry into law of the GDPR), this website can process data based on the legitimate interests of the Data Controller.
Through the creation of their own account on villegiardinimedicei.it interested users provide Data Controller with their common personal identification data (name and surname, e-mail, telephone number, residence) and/or identification data of the activity (school/company name, name and surname of legal representative, address, VAT number, telephone number, e-mail, website).
Creating an account on villegiardinimedicei.it the user irrevocably accepts the conditions set out in this policy, providing explicit consent to the use of the content and data supplied for the purposes and in the manner laid down, as required by this policy.
Not assuming, Data Controller, any responsibility for the content provided, the user, by registering at villegiardinimedicei.it guarantees Data Controller to have obtained the consent of the subjects to whom the data and/or images refer for the aforementioned purposes, holding Data Controller harmless and indemnified from any consequences, damages and claims in this regard.
villegiardinimedicei.it brings together texts and multimedia (texts, images, sounds, video clips, graphics, logos, audiovisuals, etc., henceforth known as “content”) for aforementioned purposes.
The content is produced by:
- Staff at Regione Toscana or subjects appointed as Data (Sub-)Processors, to ensure compliance with the requirements of the Regulation.
- Registered/subscribed users of villegiardinimedicei.it, in accordance with this policy.
- Third parties (photographers, videomakers, bloggers, etc.), who grant Data Controller permissions for the use of their own textual and multimedia content
All content providers, participating in initiatives of “Ville e Giardini medicei in Toscana (Medici Villas and Gardens in Tuscany)”, expressly accept the following legal conditions:
- They declare and guarantee that they are the sole owners of the authors’ rights to the content (either because they themselves are the authors of the content or because they purchased the rights to use and reproduce it from its legitimate owners); they therefore guarantee data Controller the content provided, as concerns the legitimacy, veracity, accuracy and legitimate provenance regarding the rights of industrial and/or intellectual property or the laws related to privacy.
- They declare and guarantee that the content does not contain images that are offensive, disrespectful or harmful to human dignity and a common sense of decency or that they bear prejudice towards someone or something (including in the form of suspicion or threat). The content must not be discriminatory or incite among the public illegal acts, violence or hate based on religion, skin colour or national or ethnic origin. Data Controller is held harmless of any adverse consequence connected to a violation of this ban.
- They declare and guarantee that the content does not include specific information regarding health, race, ethnicity, etc. and that they are submitted with the full responsibility of the providers, with data Controller limited – for content not produced by its own staff – to simply checking the legitimacy in protection of personal dignity and freedom.
All the content is protected by current laws regarding authors’ rights and intellectual property, and, therefore, unauthorized reproductions, use of content and/or making the content available to the public (even through file-sharing) is not allowed. Anyone who violates this ban is subject to civil and criminal penalties in accordance with the law.
Viewing content from external platforms
This type of service allows you to view and interact with content hosted on external platforms directly from the pages of this site.
In the event that a service of this type is installed, it is possible that, even if users do not use the service, it collects traffic data relating to the pages in which it is installed.
Google Fonts (Google, Inc.)
Google Fonts is a font style visualization service managed by Google, Inc. that allows this site to integrate such content within its pages.
Font Awesome (Fonticons, Inc.)
Font Awesome is a font style visualization service managed by Fonticons, Inc. that allows this site to integrate such content within its pages.
Widget Google Maps (Google, Inc.)
Google Maps is a map display service managed by Google, Inc. that allows this site to integrate such content within its pages.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
villegiardinimedicei.it may contain links to other websites or social media that are not necessarily under the control of the Data Controller and of Data (Sub-)Processors.
The user is encouraged to carefully read the conditions and terms of operation and use of these sites. The Data Controller and Data (Sub-)Processors do not assume responsibility either for the unauthorized use of user’s data or for any further monitoring or profiling that may be carried out by the aforementioned sites.
Collected data and purposes
villegiardinimedicei.it uses log files which conserve data collected automatically during a visit to the website. The data collected could be the following:
- Internet Protocol address (IP);
- Browser type and parameters of the device used to access the website;
- Name of the internet service provider (ISP);
- Date and time of visit;
- Webpage the visitor connected from (referral), as well as the subsequent page upon exiting;
- The number of clicks
To ensure security (antispam filters, firewall, survey of viruses), the data registered automatically could be used, in accordance with the relevant current laws, to block attempts to damage the website or other users, as well as damaging or criminal activities. Such data are never used for identifying and profiling the user, but are only intended to safeguard the website and its users (since May 25, 2018, data may be processed on the basis of the legitimate interests of the Data Controller pursuant to current regulations).
The data collected from the website during its operation are used exclusively for the aims indicated and are conserved for the time necessary for carrying out precise activities or, if applicable, until there is a cancellation request for accounts registered to the website. The data collected from the website will never be passed to third parties for any reason, unless there is a legitimate request from judicial authorities and only in cases allowed by law.
By accessing and navigating the website, users accept that the aforementioned data are processed for the previously-mentioned purposes of IT security and preventing illegal activities. The user can request that their data be cancelled and/or exercise their rights as protected by current laws.
Place of data processing
The data are processed at the Data Center ex TIX (Tuscany Internet Exchange), Via San Piero a Quaracchi n. 250 – Florence, now part of the Sistema Cloud della Toscana (SCT – Tuscany Cloud System). In compliance with community law (European Regulation for the protection of personal data 2016/679, Art. 28, par. 3), organizations who process personal data on behalf of Data Controller or Data Processor have been appointed as Data (Sub-)Processors, to ensure compliance with the requirements of the Regulation.
Session cookies are essential for distinguishing connected users, and are useful for ensuring that a requested function not be provided to the wrong user, as well as for security purposes so as to avoid damaging attacks on the website. Session cookies do not contain personal data and last only as long as the session does, that is, until the browser is closed. Consent is not needed for them.
Functionality cookies used by the website are strictly necessary for operating the site; they are those connected to a user’s request for a specific function (like login), for which consent is not needed).
Management of cookies: consent to their use
Deleting cookies does not preclude use of the site.
Users / visitors can set the computer browser to accept / reject all cookies or display a warning every time a cookie is proposed, in order to evaluate whether to accept it or not.
By default, almost all web browsers are set to automatically accept cookies.
Users / visitors can still change the default setting, or disable cookies (i.e. block them permanently), by setting the highest level of protection in the browser, however, disabling them can compromise the use of site functions.
In any case, it remains possible to delete or remove cookies from your device, using the appropriate functions present in the browser. Deleting the cookies does not preclude the use of the site, but involves the repetition of the authentication procedure, or the re-submission of the access credentials.
There are also components (plugins) for the most popular browsers that allow:
• the management (display, cancellation, block) of cookies
• visualization of the technologies used by the site
• the visualization and (selective) blocking of the different tracking mechanisms
Google Analytics / Tag Manager
villegiardinimedicei.it may include the tools Google Analytics and Tag Manager for monitoring access to the website (number of accesses, new users, number of sessions, visualizations of a page, type of device and browser, etc.) and receiving information regarding user behaviour on the website (referral, duration of sessions, bounce rate, etc.) for statistical and market study purposes. Data Controller does not collect users’ personal data because the information related to accessing the website and user behaviour are provided by Google Analytics and Tag Manager in an aggregated and non-personalized/anonymous form. However, Data Controller does not respond to the processing of data collected by Google Inc. through Analytics and Tag Manager. Google could use, unbeknownst to Data Controller, personal data for contextualizing and personalizing advertisements on their marketing network. Information about the two Google tools used are as follows:
- Google Analytics (Google, Inc.) – Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google uses the personal data collected for the purposes of tracing and examining site use, compiling reports and sharing them with other services developed by Google.
Personal data collected: Cookies and usage data
- Google Tag Manager (Google, Inc.) – Google Tag Manager is a statistics service provided by Google, Inc.
Personal data collected: Cookies and usage data
Cookies from Social Networks
The collection and use of data obtained via the plugin are regulated according to the related privacy policies of the social networks, which users are advised to refer to.
- Like button and Facebook and Instagram photo social media widgets (Facebook Inc.) – The “Like” button and Facebook social media widgets are services for interacting with Facebook, provided by Facebook Inc.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
- Tweet button and Twitter social media widgets (Twitter Inc.) – The “Tweet” button and Twitter social media widgets are services for interacting with Twitter, provided by Twitter Inc.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
- Youtube videos (Google, Inc.) – YouTube is a video viewing service managed by Google, Inc. that allows this application to integrate its content into its pages.
Personal data collected: Cookies and Usage Data
- Pinterest button and social widgets (Pinterest, Inc.) – The Pinterest button and social widgets are services of interaction with the Pinterest social network, provided by Pinterest Inc.
Personal data collected: Cookies and Usage data.
Data sent by external forms
This website may refer to content hosted on external platforms for the management of forms to be filled in for requesting services.
Google Forms (Google, Inc.)
Google Forms is a Google (Google, Inc.) App that allows this site to manage within its pages questionnaires, quizzes and surveys directly on the Google platform.
Visitors / users filling out the dedicated forms and authorizing Data Controller to process own personal data accept to periodically receive updates about the news promoted by the website as specified in the form itself.
Personal data collected: common data and e-mail addresses
Communications are sent via e-mail to those who specifically fill out the dedicated form and authorize Data Controller to process users’ personal data. Providing this data is optional, but by refusing to provide personal data, the user will be unable to send content via form.
Consenting data processing
First access: when accessing the website for the first time, users will see a message that gives them the option of accepting or refusing the use of technical and profiling cookies of third parties on the part of villegiardinimedicei.it. By providing their consent, users authorize Data Controller to use all the tools listed in this policy for the purposes described and for the type of personal data indicated.
Contact form: by filling in their personal data on contact forms accessible on villegiardinimedicei.it, users authorize their use for the purposes of responding to requests for information or anything else indicated in the form’s header. In all cases, the user fully accepts the policy of villegiardinimedicei.it and all the websites/subdomains attributable to villegiardinimedicei.it.
This site processes user data in compliance with legal requirements, taking appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification or unauthorized destruction of data. The data processing is carried out using IT and / or telematic tools, with organizational methods and logic strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Data Controller and Data (Sub-)Processor, in some cases, categories of employees (administrative, commercial, marketing, legal, system administrators) or external subjects (such as third party technical service providers, hosting providers, IT companies, communication agencies) may have access to the data) appropriately appointed in compliance with current regulations.
In accordance with EU Regulation 679/2016 (GDPR) and national legislation, users can, within the procedures and limits provided by current law, exercise the following rights:
- request the confirmation of the existence of personal data regarding him/herself (right to access);
- be informed of their origin;
- receive comprehensible communication about them;
- receive information about the reason, procedures and aims of their processing;
- request an update, modification, integration, cancellation, transformation into anonymity and blocking of data processes that are in violation of the law, including those no longer necessary for carrying out the aims for which they were collected;
- in cases of consent-based processing, receive the data provided to the Data Controller, in a structured and legible manner, from a data processor and in a format commonly used by an electronic device;
- the right to present a complaint to the Supervisory Authority (Warranty Policy);
- more generally, all rights that are recognized by current law.
Requests can be addressed to the Data Controller.
In cases in which data are processed based on legitimate interests, the rights of interested parties are nonetheless guaranteed (except the right of portability, which is not required by current laws), especially the right to oppose processing, which can be applied by sending a request to the Data Controller.